Last weekend I completed my first ever triathalon, and it was amazing! I set this goal for myself many months ago and have been very sidetracked with work to commit to my training, but it still went great. A few minor mishaps - my timing chip fell off during the swim, and I forgot to take my bike helmet off for about 10 yards of my run and had to turn around (read: very entertaining for the spectators who were shouting and laughing with me). Other than that - it went great. The course took us throughout the Disney property and the run was a winding adventure through the Magic Kingdom theme park.My training group did absolutely amazing, and it was so much fun to be part of a team again! Needless to say, this is my new hobby and I can't wait for the next race. Maybe I'll even hit the gym a little for some training?! My competitive side was not extatic about my time, but the sense of accomplishment is there and now I have goals for my next race.
This is an open invitation to any of my (female) readers - train and come do this race with me next year!

2 comments:
Maggie--I did my 1/2 marathon at the Disney park...through the Magic Kingdom. I also did not train for that event. Boy did I hurt the next day.
Nice muscles in those legs, hot chick! :)
Great job...we're all proud of you--Jilly
Hotcha Bogotcha! Congrats babe!
shorty
Post a Comment