Thursday, May 28, 2009

13 Month Update










Time has flown by. Today is Adam and I's 4th wedding anniversary. We celebrated by ordering pizza and eating it as a family - even Aiden ate pizza, it was his 1st time. I can't believe Adam and I have been together since 2002, seven years!

Aiden is advancing by the day, by the hour lately!

On Monday, he starting clicking his tongue, and loves to hear it when you mimic him back.
On Tuesday, after months of just poking around and making lots of messes, he started using a fork to eat, instead of bare hands.
No longer walking, running!
He claps in excitement when he is happy, often without our claps provoking him.
He looked at the fish in the aquarium at Dr. Madden's office and responded to my identification of 'fish' with a definitive 'shhh' sound.
He jumps into the pool now, of course I am there to catch him and don't let him fall completely under the water. He does blow bubbles on his own though, and doesn't cough if his mouth goes under.
Be uses a bottle only before bedtime as of yesterday. This was something I started a few weeks ago, but after he got pretty sick and lost his appetite, I relapsed and let him have as many bottles as he wanted. I hope to have him off the bottle entirely in a few weeks.
Another food 'feat' - he can eat corn on the cob until it is basically clean of kernels. Of course, no son of a Hamilton native wouldn't like corn on the cob!
Still has just 8 teeth, which he has had for about 3 months.
Aiden can hold up his had and show you how old he is when asked, and loves to point at anything of interest. He goes through the house and shows me each ceiling fan by pointing and saying 'doh!' when he wakes in the morning, and after naps. Why are all children fixated with ceiling fans?
Yesterday and several times since, he started lying on his tummy to play. He puts his hands down and gets into a plank/ pushup position and then puts his tummy down and bends his knees with feet in the air. Its adorable!
As far as stats go - he was 31 inches and 22lbs 7 oz. at his 12 month appointment on 4/23. And he is much bigger since then!

I realize this is a long list - I'm doing it for myself so I don't forget all of these wonderful milestones!

Cheers,
maggie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails