Tina and Jesper's wedding was beautiful and one of the most thoughtful and beautiful events I have ever attended from the first steps into the church at 2:00pm and through to the potato soup at 3:00am the next morning. And I don't mean that centerpieces and party favors were delightful, though they were. The church where Tina and Jesper were married was 900 years old. Cake and champagne on a boat ride following the ceremony, then a meal lasting hours with multiple speeches, and personalized songs written especially for the bride and groom by loved ones, then sang by the entire wedding party. Coffee, after dinner drinks, and small candies and cookies followed, then the bride and groom shared their first dance just before midnight. The 'Screaming Ham' DJ was awesome. And I'll always think about dancing with my college girlfriends in the small town of Aerosund when I hear The Killers 'Human'.
The picture below is the view from our window within our apartment at the Aerosund Hotel. The hotel is the yellow building, which is only partially shown, while the attached red building is the banquet hall which is where the wedding party took place.
And the Kastl/Helmers crew did also take London by storm... another post to follow!

1 comment:
Maggie! Looks like you guys had a blast at Tina's wedding. I give you major props for taking Aiden with you. We have had multiple nightmares while traveling and I just don't know if I could do that trip. Sounds like all is great with you guys. Aiden is so big and he looks just like your husband!
Post a Comment