
I have mixed feelings of sadness and relief today as we finally have a contract on our La Grange house to sell it in a few weeks. Adam and I will be happy to no longer have two mortgages, and not have to worry about any loose ends from our relocation, but I can't help but feel nostalgia about our first home.
I have no complaints about living in Florida, but our house in La Grange was so perfect for us. We were so happy there and loved the quiet of the neighborhood, the newness, coziness, uniqueness of the house, the large, woodsy backyard, and the friendliness of neighbors. I hope one day I have a kitchen that I love as much as that kitchen!!!
All that said, our life in Florida is settling and we have made our new house here a home. We hope to settle down here for a few years, and imagine having a family here one day. Lizards and palm trees, sunshine in January, lazy breakfasts and long afternoons on the back patio have become part of our routine. And for those things, I can speak for Adam and I both in saying that we are happy and thankful to be blessed with our new life in Florida.


No comments:
Post a Comment