Saturday, January 05, 2008

New Year's Update

The holiday have come and gone so quickly, but with so many great memories. With both sets of parents visiting, making the LONG trip to Florida via car because of the many gifts (and Grandma Jane)in tow, and Ben and Michele just around the corner, our home was as full as ever this Christmas. We had amazing weather, warm enough to enjoy a day with everyone at New Smyrna Beach, and great company.

Although I am most thankful for all presents that I received over the holiday, the most memorable (and visible) remains of our holiday are baby related. My two sister's-in-law (on hubby's side) have treated us with such generosity by sending so many hand-me-down clothes, toys, and child accessories that I hardly know what to do with it all. I have spent countless moments in the baby room just going through and looking at again and again all of the tiny outfits and other items that we will use when baby arrives. I can't believe a little baby so small requires so many accessories - and how do they all work?

This is one of many questions running through my mind lately regarding motherhood and parenting. After much reading, talking to and watching friends and family with babies, I have come to one conclusion. Parents have to wing it. I know I have a lot to learn, but I have enough faith in myself to think when I see another new mom with a happy, healthy baby in tow at Publix or Target - if she can do it, I can do it too.

Nursery news. I have purchased a crib bedding set online, which remains to be seen whether I will like it in person or not. Adam and I sanded Great-grandfather's dresser today, which will be re-painted when I decide upon a color. Swatched have been requested for the glider chair I am interested in, and the crib/changing table search is onging. If you are a reader that knows of a great crib brand or crib, please let me know! I am relying a lot on customer reviews on websites, and haven't really seen anything I love in person anywhere.

Cheers, and Happy New Year!
Maggie

1 comment:

Ben and Michele said...

I love the crib set you picked out... hope you like it in person !!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails