Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Already Receiving, and The List




The phrase is commonly used this time of year is tis better to give than receive; but regardless, I do love receiving presents. That said, I also love when I find something perfect to put under the tree, and I especially love to give unexpected gifts throughout the year when I see something that I know is just right for recipient. Little Charlie might be taking after his mother, as he is already receiving presents daily to celebrate Christmas. Apparently, it is a month-long holiday, instead of the usual event the last week of the month. The photos on this post display Aiden's new swing and one of the daily presents, an ornament, which Nana and Papa sent for Aiden to open.
Thank you Nana, Papa, Grandma, and Grandpa for your generosity!

**Unrelated note:I am going to start a little list on Kastl News that I expect to be add on to frequently. I hope to create a clever name for the list, but until then it is just a list. The list will include things I do for my child that many be questionable from a parenting perspective, and am kind of embarassed or ashamed to say that I do them. For starters...

Item #1: Hot Towel Cleansing Ritual

I began a few days ago to heat (via microwave for 5 seconds) the damp paper towel that I use to wipe my son's face after his meals. Whenever I take the paper towel from the microwave, I instantly think about the hot towel given to airplane passengers in First Class. Am I creating a pampered, spoiled, little baby who will grow to a man that no woman, except his mommy-dearest, of course, will be able to please? Is this a bad thing to pamper him so? I know its silly, but he cries when I wipe his face with a plain, old room temp towel. That just won't do.




6 comments:

Maggie said...

An editors note on the swing video at the end of this post - The List just got longer - Item #2: Babytalker. Wow, annoying.

Ben and Michele said...

i think wally loves the new swing as much as Aiden! Also he looks like he may be trying to dig under the fence to escape! haha I think we all do baby talk heck I even do dog talk!

Maggie said...

Wally is an added bonus on the video, he's such a good dog. Ha.

PITA said...

Aiden keeps getting cuter and cuter! Have you made your holiday hanky pankys yet?

Maggie said...

No holiday hanky panky in this house yet. Kastl house is trying to slim down, but the hanks will inevitably show up when J&J arrive.

And what is Christmas with no hanky panky? That would not be the way to celebrate Aiden's 1st Christmas.

mep said...

I've always enjoyed receiving gifts myself, and would definitely enjoy receiving some hanky panks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails