Monday, December 01, 2008

Thank you.

Thanksgiving is a national holiday but I wish that I did more 'thanksgiving' on a daily basis. I am so lucky to have such a large healthy and happy family. I do not need anything. If you know me well then you know that I am always wanting things, but in the need sense, I am truly blessed. Ever since I found out yesterday that a high school teacher of mine passed away, she has really had a presence in my thoughts. My prayers are with my pre-calc teacher, Linda Wimmers, who passed over the weekend after battling cancer. She was a great teacher, and really a thoughtful and nice person. She went on Kairos retreats which was where I really found out that aside from being a good teacher in the classroom, she was a funny, caring, and compassionate individual. If you knew her and want to have a glimpse of her for your memory, please visit her blog, www.advantagelinda.blogspot.com.

In the long list of things I wish I was, yet am not, and don't do, yet wish I did, I really hope to make it known that I do give thanks for the blessings in my life. I do not want to take anyone, or anything for granted. So when I snap at my family, or judge my husband, I do know I am doing it and hope that I can get over myself and be more happy and appreciative. I am sorry that I am too proud to apologize and that I do it again and again. I am sorry when I act out, because I really am thankful for you about all else.

Happy (late) Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas,
Maggie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails