The second adventure has been coming in the past weeks, but A now insists on sitting in a regular chair for his meals (no booster with belt). Slippery wooden chair with hard, cold ceramic tile below may spell disaster for my little buddy. Fingers crossed that we survive this transition. So excited to be a ‘big boy’ even though he’s hardly tall enough to reach his plate!
What am I supposed to do with this new version of my baby? The upgraded abilities of this little person have arrived much sooner than I’d have liked. It’s probably not too much of a surprise since he has walked exclusively since 10 months of age. Nonetheless, I’m unprepared for these events. I'm scared of the potential head injuries that can occur in several ways - falling out of crib, falling off chair, etc. One trip to the pediatric urgent care for head injury is plenty, thank you! Silver lining - he got out without injury last night, and he knows that I adamantly do not allow for standing on kitchen chairs. But still... the gray hairs have been and will be sprouting from my head at an alarming rate in this month.
and meanwhile... dental appointments, vaccinations (2nd round reg flu and H1N1), shipping companies, realtors, Christmas shopping, holiday travel, holiday baking, preschool shopping, moving in a month all looming on my day planner.
final note. I notice repeatedly in blog posts that my grammar stinks. Don't judge.

5 comments:
Maggie, this means it is time for another one!!!! Nothing like adding more chaos. Good luck with your move. Andrea
Bub jumped crib around 17 months. It is scary. The pack and play was a bit small for him, but we moved him into it temporarily. Then, we bought a toddler bed frame (about $100 at Babies R Us), a super tall and sturdy gate that he could not scale or knock over (we wanted to trap him in his room without having to shut door/lock him inside), and then took out everything in his room that he could climb, scale, or otherwise hurt himself with . . . then we started the transition into toddler bed.
However, if your crib is even on all sides, you could try a crib tent as a fix as well. That wasn't an option for us, but I hear they are great!
Good Luck!
he is so cute haha i would love to have witnessed his escape!!! such a big boy miss you guys already!
Too funny! I wish we lived closer, our boys would be into mischief together--they're so similar! We had one 'escape' and managed to not have another one yet... I freaked out that I'd never be able to sleep in again, worrying about a little boy exploring the house alone. You'll have to re-visit 'toddler proofing'! Maybe even look into a toddler bed to avoid injury?
AHH! No more 'baby'. I think that's why every else is getting preggers again. They realize they no longer have a baby. :)
Good luck with your move!
Sounds like you have an exploring little guy! I miss you...
Post a Comment