so when hubby suggested we cash in some of our Marriott points this weekend for a little get-away, I was ecstatic. We hopped into the car and drove the 2 hours to Marco Island for the weekend; and from that point on, our weekend was blissful. I have never been to a resort that is so friendly to toddlers, and really felt like we all had a restful vacation. This is no small feat - I think most mom's know that vacation with a toddler is usually just a change of venue from the 24/7 job of a stay-at-home-mom. If anything, it can be more stressful because of all the preparedness that is required when you're not at home with all the go-to items.
But back to Marco. We lucked out with our room and had a super duper upgraded 2 room suite with private stairs to the beach. Now I know how the other half lives! Nap time on vacation doesn't have to be the usual:lay quite while child attempts to rest with you twiddling thumbs/reading/sudoku/Internet in the next bed over. When you are in the super-duper suite, you can be hanging in the living room, having conversation, or even sitting on your lanai sipping wine and looking at the beach. Bliss!
Here are some pictures. Can't wait until we can get back there again!

1 comment:
Sounds like a great family getaway!
You're totally right that the hottest days of summer are akin to winter. We've stayed in a lot this summer because I'm afraid for Sweet P to be in the heat for too long and feel sweaty and miserable just thinking about keeping track of the boys with the sun beating down on all of us.
Post a Comment