Sunday, July 25, 2010

How 'Bout Bedtime

This week has been the worst week of sleep for A since... ever! I had no idea that at this point we could regress so much. He has been going to bed at 11pm! Yes, he might be going to be later than mom and dad at this point. We got pushed back a bit when we transitioned from crib to toddler bed and now it has gotten even worse. And on top of that, he comes in our room between one and four times per night. These trips consist of him trying to get into our bed, and then me taking him back into his bed. Sometimes I have to lay with him, sometimes just a quick tuck in. Good night!

A has no lack of things to say these days. Although his vocabulary is still fairly lean, he has caught on to some key phrases, his favorite this week is ...how 'bout (insert word here) For example...
Mom says "How about some milk?"
A says"How 'bout juice?"

Mom says "How about strawberries?"
A says "How 'bout blueberries?"

Mom says "Do you want to go to McDonalds, play and have some nuggets?"
A says "How 'bout icecream?"

Mom says "Let's go to the park?"
A says "How 'bout pool?"

Most often, his responses make sense and prove him to be a shrewd negotiator at a young age, though we do get an occasional random "how 'bout Elmo" or "how 'bout race car?" as a response to a completely unrelated request. It is very cute, and so fun to have an actual back and forth conversation with the little guy.

And today, while packing and organizing the apartment, daddy made a fun game out of an accessory of the most un-fun variety - laundry. Enjoy!

2 comments:

ErinO said...

I am really fearing moving Brock into a bed. Even though he can climb out of the crib, he chooses not to, but I am SURE a bed will be a different story. As for the negotiating, that has begun, but it would be really nice if it were in words instead of random noises, pointing, and throwing of unwanted items.

mep said...

Oh, I am very familiar with the "how bout" opener! Bub's a negotiator as well.

Bedtime woes are the worst. I think I've mentioned that we had to gate Bub in his room, as if his entire room were one big crib. It's time for Little Bit to give up his crib for a big boy bed, but I DREAD the transition.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails