Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back on the Blogger

First we didn't have Internet service, then we had it, but our wireless was on the fritz, then the pressure of no posts in three weeks stressed me out. I'm back, sitting on my brand new sofa, the first sofa I've ever bought*, and ripping off the band-aid with a short little post. We are here in our new home. We are in love with our choice, and could not be happier. It will be a fun work-in-progress for some time, as we currently have unfurnished rooms, naked wood floors without comfy rugs, and nothing on our freshly painted, stark (yet beautiful) walls.

It was a long journey to this comfy spot on this comfy couch. Worth it? Yes. Do I hope to stay for a length of time exceeding our stays at all of our prior homes? Absolutely.

*How is that possible for an almost 30 year old who has been on her own since 2003? Hand-me-down with a slipcover got me to 2005, then I inherited big black - a huge black leather sectional as part of marriage's merging-of-the-things. ugh. Did I mention I LOVE my new sofa?

1 comment:

mep said...

Congrats on the new sofa and on the new house! Have fun making it a home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails