Little A talks a lot now, catching up with his friends. He loves to sing and verbalize everything. Most frequently he hums or sings the ABC song, or Twinkle Twinkle. He also likes to sing the end line of "no more monkey's jumping on the bed" while wagging his finger in the air. His fascination with cars and trucks continues, and he calls my 2003 V6 Explorer "mommy's racecar", complete with vroom vroom sounds. Little does he know we are riding in the most sluggish, slow vehicle on the road. While we make our way around town, he is a backseat driver, saying "faster mommy, faster!" repeatedly.
Little A sits and eats snacks and dinner, instead of his wandering habits. I blame myself for allowing this to become an issue, simply because I never cared before if he got out of his seat. Now, with new furniture, and a bigger house to cover with crumbs, the table is the exclusive location for meals and snacks.
About a month ago,I was sure we were a future candidate for the Super Nanny, but things have really turned around. Naps and bedtime have been going well. The gate is back on Aiden's door, much like a caged animal, but he is ok with it, and we have piece of mind that he is in his room and safe during sleep. The green pillow in the corner of our (completely unfurnished) living room serves us well as the location for "cool downs" or "time out". We don't use it that often, but its presence, and an occasional trip to sit on the pillow does work wonders.
He goes to the bathroom on the potty at least once every day, and I think that after our next trip out of town I'm going for it with the underwear.I've been doing diaper duty for two in the past week, as Aiden now thinks his puppy needs a diaper. He enjoys laying puppy on his back and allowing me to diaper him, then checking it and telling me the puppy is wet. He even likes to get some jammie shorts out and put them on puppy as well. It is very endearing, and makes me imagine him doing the same one day with a younger sibling.
At A's preschool, they have the philosophy that if a child doesn't come home dirty, then they aren't doing their job. I thought that this was a bit of a joke, but I'm coming to realize that it is very close to the truth. Paint, water, sand, glitter, popscicle juice and shredded paper mushed into the treads of shoes are a few of the items that A has carried home on his clothes or body. At home as well, I have realized the messes are changing in content, but are no less messy!
I delight in my little A so much, and feel so thankful for him every day. He is becoming such a sweet, playful, intelligent, and funny little boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment