Saturday, June 09, 2012

Made for Each Other

I barely remember the first 8 weeks of Drew and Graham's lives.  Sorry guys, but momma was tired.  I was only sleeping 4-6 hours each day, in a maximum of 90 minute increments. Sheesh. Glad that is over.  Gradually, we have all begun sleeping more, and a new, sustainable, happy normal has been established in our home. I was able to share milestones, and cute anecdotes of A's first years on this blog, but this time around I fear that won't be the case.  Life is busy, and the Kastl News has fallen down on the priority list.

That said, after a long hiatus, here I am.  Today is a day that I have to share.  Many of the days up until now with the new babies have been wonderful, but today something happened that has to be shared. And remembered!  I was burping Graham, and Drew was sitting in the bouncer next to us, and he looked over at his brother and smiled as if he knew that that baby was going to be his best friend forever.  It was one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen him make. Especially without being tickled.  And Graham wasn't even being cute or funny - he was fussing because he wanted to finish his bottle and I was making him burp!  And then Drew did it again tonight.  If I ever had a moment of doubt or wondered what we were thinking by using both embryos on that scary/amazing day in May 2011, it would have been forever banished from my mind.  I recieved confirmation today that these boys were made for each other.  They were always a package deal.

Drew and Graham, 4 months
And here's to hoping it isn't another 8 months before an update.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails