Today we took a new step in resuming some sort of 'adult' social life since Aiden was born. We had a babysitter stay with Aiden while Adam and I enjoyed a daytime date in Winter Park. It was such a great day! And, I think Aiden was completely fine with it all. I put him down for a nap after he spent a few minutes with the sitter, then we left the two of them as we ventured out. I was a little anxious, but actually did pretty well! I think an entire 45 minutes passed where I did not text her or let worries of our child and and his teen friend enter my mind.
Adam and I enjoyed such a nice date - if you live in Orlando, I would definitely reccomend our activities! First, we did the Winter Park Boat Tour. This was a beatiful tour through lakes and canals in the area. The homes are breathtaking and the history was interesting as well! We followed up the tour with a walk over to Park Avenue to eat a late brunch at the Eola Wine Co. Brunch is such a beautiful invention! I had a flight of bagel complimented by a flight of mimosa. A carb lovers paradise. The bagel was warmed and complimented by four different cream cheeses, the mimosa flight was four samples - Orange, mango, raspberry, and banana, then another mimosa was included after the favorite was determined. I chose mango. Adam munched on a lox bagel, also delicious!!!
We got home greeted by a happy boy running toward us, and a babysitter that said he was good and that she'd be happy to do it again. A good babysitter is a beautiful thing!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment