Thursday, July 23, 2009

A New Blog

This is an idea that I plan to turn into a real project. I am going to start a blog about traveling with children. This idea came to me as I was 2 hours into my commute from Plantation, FL to Lake Mary, FL today. Who better to do this than me - my son was on a cross country driving trip from Florida to Michigan at 2 months of age, has flown to Michigan and Ohio SEVERAL times, and has a few other states crossed off already on places he's been. I have lived through leaving a baby with the parents the first time, and, in a few weeks, plan on flying overseas to Europe (with bub in tow as a lap infant!). I have been chastized by fellow plane passengers, and I have handed my son off to a friendly 'Nana' for a desperately needed trip to the toilet while in flight. I've experienced the good, bad, and ugly of the friendly skies as well as car travel!

And who knows, maybe I'll even be able to add a chapter or two about traveling alone* with two kids one day...

Picture 1 - Aiden at on the way to the Farmer's Market at 3 weeks old.

Picture 2 - Aiden sitting in his front facing car seat the week before his 1st birthday! (I know I was supposed delay front facing until the birthday, but the kid walked at 10 months, and was every bit as big and strong as his friends 3 months older at the time! Executive decition: he was ready!!!)

Picture 3 - Aiden sleeping on the way home from Savannah, GA at 11 months, 3 weeks.

*I haven't always traveled alone, sometimes hubby is along for the ride and to lend a hand as well.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Hi! I'd LOVE to read that new blog of yours! Emma & I have flown to FL 4 times already, and driven to NY alone.... but we are about to take a road trip from Boston to FL (with the dog), so please give me all the advice you have!!!! Glad to see you are doing well :)

Maggie said...

Jill~ I'm no pro, but quite experienced!!! I must say the portable DVD we purchased recently has been worth every penny on the road trips. Aiden didn't watch TV until recently, but now he's good at watching a video here or there.

And to give hubby his due... I must say he is any AWESOME travel partner and helps a ton with our little buddy.

Susan said...

ummm "with two kids someday?" are you surmising about the future or do you have news and I'm just outta the loop? :)

Maggie said...

no news suzy q!

mep said...

Go for it! Isn't blogging so much fun?

We flipped both of our car seats early as well because you can't enjoy the DVD player unless you can see it. Cannot wait to get an Odyssey with the built-in DVD player. Maybe in a year or so . . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails