After getting out of his crib last night a zillion times, I took A's mattress and set it on the floor next his crib and let him go for it. A few "get back in your room!"(s) later, and he was curled up asleep on the floor. So today, we made his crib a toddler bed, and installed a gate on his door. He can't get out of his room, and he can't fall from the top of his crib. I hope this works out well!
I'm kind of bummed we have to put up the gate, there isn't anything cuter than Aiden wandering in our room at 8am this morning with a sweet "hi momma!" (daddy was in the bathroom, so he missed out).

3 comments:
WOW, the big boy bed! I am dreading that day. Glad the transition went well for you.
Jenni - Better me than you! I can't imagine doing this with another one. its really not bad, its just taking a little longer to get him to bed at night.
Yay!! The transition is both sad (baby's growing up!) and fun at the same time, no?! We too struggle with the gate on the door to keep him in the room--nothing sweeter than those big eyes climbing into bed and feeling so proud that they've climbed out; however it is also quite annoying at 3 am!
I hope it continues to go smoothly for you three!!!
Post a Comment