This evening I actually do have something special to share. Tonight is my last night as mother to a one year old because tomorrow I become mother to a two year old. As I spent a portion of tonight going through files to choose some of the best of the best for a photo book I'm working on, I cannot help but write a special birthday post.
Although I often use this blog as a sounding board and place to vent frustrations, difficulties, and worries of motherhood, I have to say being a mom to Little A is the best thing I have ever done. There are moments every day that I wish I would write down, because I have mom amnesia and tend to forget so much. Today, at nap time, I walked out the door and said "Night night, lovey" as always, and for the first time, he responded to me "nigh nigh, momma." He is as wild as ever, but has learned "tanks" and "peas" and "yorry." He shared his apple with me at dinner, without being asked to do so. He hugs me when I pick him up, and his head fits perfectly under my chin and against my neck, as if my neck was made specially for that little head to nuzzle.
By the numbers, he is every bit his age. He seems taller than most other two year olds, and weighs about 30 pounds ( I can update this after our trip to the pediatrician on Friday). He eats like a champ, but seems to go on hunger strike when visitors are here. At which point he eats fruit, drinks milk, has half a Flintstones vitamin, and calls it a day. He loves all things train, being outside, swinging at the park, cheese snacks("cheesy!"), the waves at the beach, and (for better or worse) TV. Dislikes are few, but the stroller has been gathering dust, and he is becoming a bit of a vegetarian aside from hot dogs and sausage links (eek). He has changed in the past two years from my little newborn baby to my kind, funny, smart, wild, little boy. I wouldn't change a thing.
I have felt like we haven't been able to give him the birthday party he deserves because of our recent move, but we've done our best and it has been pretty fun.
So, cheers to Aiden, and all we've been through, because tomorrow we celebrate that you are 2!!!

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Aiden! You are quite a cutie!
Post a Comment