After two weeks with the Florida Made Door Co, owned by Masonite International, I can safely say that I have become a busy person. Monday through Friday, I wake at 5:45 to arrive in Astatula by 7:30, and get home from a long day's work around 5:30.
Let's talk Astatula. I am encouraged to get out of the office for a few minutes for a lunch break, but here are my options:
1. Dollar General. I can get some candy or do a little shopping at the local Dollar General which is about 5 miles from the plant.
2. The Post Office. It is a habit of some of my co-workers to take a nap in their car, while parked under a large tree in the Post Office parking lot.
3. The Park. There is a park near work, imagine play ground and covered picnic tables, where I can eat lunch and read a magazine, book, or even partake in a crossword puzzle.
If I don't pack lunch, I have the following options for nourishment:
My Hero Sub Shop. Actually very good, but this is the only lunch choice in town. They advertise that they have 'The Softest Buns in Town' and have a banner proudly stating: 'Voted #1 Subs.' Wonder who was on the ballot running against them?
As superficial and iconic as it sounds, I miss Target and Starbucks.
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment