Little A changes so much on a daily basis. I have to make a point to record the current happenings, before they are replaced by some new wonder next week. His speech progress is really coming along. A picks up new words every day, but is kind of stuck on making "b" sounds at the beginning of many words. For example, "bock" "buck" are sock and truck. Last week, when my parents were in town, A grew into the habit of calling Grandma "Meemaw". I found it cute and funny, Grandma was quick to correct and work towards the final goal of a "grandma". It sounds like "greema" but he's getting close.
The train fetish continues and with all toys or objects, not just trains. We hear a hearty "toot toot" sound when A plays with anything on wheel, whether it be while riding his tricycle, or pushing a "buck"(truck) "bain"(train) or other handheld object such as a spoon or orange slice.
A's other fixation has been with finding "daddy!" and "baby!" in all his surroundings. He, like most other people we spend time with, has noticed that he is a mini version of his daddy, and has therefore drawn the conclusion that all similar items in which one is larger than the other are a daddy and a baby. Trackmaster Percy and wooden Percy are "daddy" and "baby". Large blueberry and small blueberry are "daddy" and "baby". His big toe is "daddy" and his smaller toes are "babies" - as noted all by himself in the bathtub. And for a rare treat, he throws out a "mommy" and "baby" on a occasion. I don't mind that at all.
I have begun discussing pee pee's and poopies with A, but have received little feedback. Except in the toilet when we dump his poo's in the pot after a gross diaper. I am sure that this is a product of my own design, but when we put it in, I get an extremely enthusiastic "bye bye poopies!" with a wave, followed by a flush and slam shut of the toilet seat. I think its progress???
Aiden has discovered that he can change his facial expressions and copy others. He is really into making a scowl face with his eyebrows pushed down. We can spend 10 minutes at a time mimicking each other in the mirror after our morning tooth brushing. It is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I've attached the eyebrow face. he's wearing a headband because I had just washed my face with a headband, and he grabbed one to hold his hair back just like me.
A knows most of his colors, numbers, and letters. He will be 2 years old in 5 weeks, and there are so few moments in the day that I have my baby. I miss that baby so much sometimes! Most of the time, he is my adorable, charming, smart little boy, soaking up life by the second.

1 comment:
I maybe biased since I am his Aunt but I am blown away by how smart he is and how quickly he changes!!! Miss that little buddy.... sometimes I find myself calling him "the baby" but nope he's a big boy.... you know what that mean Mommy time for #2 ;
Post a Comment