...in our house hunt may just be this blog. I was feeling optimistic, and confident last week when I blogged about our most recent housing venture. I was kind of bragging about it because I was so exciting about this special, unique treasure we had found. I even gave it a blog label "609" so that I could keep track of all of our remodeling endeavours. And so, as the roller coaster continues, we broke contract on the house today. That house, as it turned out by inspection, is a money pit. On top of needing a new roof, pool repairs, new a/c, new electrical, it had evidence of mold and termite damage. UGH! At least we were able to get out of it. I really do feel for the owners who purchased it at the height of the housing market and are taking a huge credit hit by short selling. Because no one will want to buy that house, unless it is strictly for the land value.
OK. Rant over.
Saturday is a new day when we look at more homes. And maybe, we will find the one.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Maggie- I gotta tell you....when I saw you were taking on such a huge project, I wanted to scream DONT DO IT!!! It always seems like there is one 'last' thing I want to do, it never ends! We are finally coming to an end with our major renovations, and it has been torture!Especially with kids in the picture- time is so limited and everything takes a lot longer than expected (in our experience). Good luck, I know you will find the perfect house for your family!!
Darn, darn, darn. I am frustrated for you. Every once in a while I fantasize about house-shopping...but I know there is nothing glamorous about it.
Got my hopes back up today ladies,thanks for the support!
Post a Comment