Saturday, June 05, 2010

609

Our roller coaster ride of a journey may soon begin a new phase. I am possibly being presumptuous by blogging prior to closing, but I want to stay positive and believe that we have finally found our new home!

We have a closing date, just need to get through the dreaded inspections and appraisals. Then the real work begins. We are diving head first into the world of home renovations. We are taking a 1950's, beach community ranch and renovating it into our updated dream home. We plan to replace windows, move walls, add flooring, and replace the kitchen and bathrooms. Of course, I plan on documenting this process here, so stay tuned for work in process pictures!

Here is one of the pictures we took one of the first times we were at the house. The kitchen is probably original, with plywood counter top! See the wood ceiling - it will be so beautiful when it is painted a glossy white. We can't wait to dig into 609, and make our vision our reality. And, hopefully we will be living in it by Christmas.

1 comment:

PITA said...

So excited for you! I cant wait to watch the progress!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails