Saturday, April 19, 2008

3 Days Until D-day

I am writing this prior to the 22nd because I am positive that baby will come at any moment. Life has really slowed down for me in the last few weeks since my maternity leave began. Its like slowly making your way up the first hill of the Vortex at Kings Island, knowing there is about to be a crazy, scary, fun, whirlwind as soon as you reach the top! If I said last week that I can't wait to meet baby, now I REALLY can't wait to meet baby.


Enough of all the nesting, which in my case has manifested itself more so in reading and Internet shopping than the traditional nesting of cleaning the house. Luckily, I received a paycheck yesterday, so I don't feel guilty just yet about the purchases made - I needed all of it. The purchases were practical items - a new comforter, 20% off at Kohl's, so basically free; and drapes for our front windows, definitely an investment in our home! My reading has been very enjoyable, taking full advantage of the local library. After several years of browsing and purchasing at the likes of Barnes and Noble and Borders (my favorite, love the cafe there), I find satisfaction every time I leave the library with an armful of books to read, and at no charge! I am a habitual late returner, but even at that the value is great. My latest read is The Kite Runner.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails