Monday, April 07, 2008

And So It Begins...

Today is my first day of maternity leave. Call it what you will, I am considering it a leave. I don't have immediate plans to integrate my sales position at TTW with my motherly duties, but I am by no means retired. What does that mean? Who knows. All I know is I would love a call from one of my (former) co-workers at this very moment, asking me a question that I know how to answer. It would really help.

Preparations for baby have hit a road block. I got up with hubby today, we ate our cereal together, and I was very optomistic of the day ahead. That was a short three hours ago. I have walked the dog and vacuumed my car, but those were only precursors to the main event of my morning - install baby's carseat base and seat in car. The base was attached with little difficulty, although I thought my car would have the 'latch system' that has been available since September 1, 2002. (Sidenote: My Explorer is a 2003 model year vehicle. If I did still work at Ford Motor Company, I would certainly have some questions for my engineer co-workers in this regard.) The carseat itself has been installed as well without difficulty. My issue now remains that I cannot figure out how to unlatch the seat from the base. I was able to do it with ease when both pieces sat on the floor in baby's room, but suddenly I am lost. I have pressed every button, and then shaken the seat while pressing each button in attempt to release the seat. If baby had been in seat, he would be suffering from shaken baby syndrome at this very moment. I am so frustrated.

Will the hospital let me take him home if they get a visual of the seat from the hospital exit doors? Or must it be taken into the hospital for up-close proof? Hopefully I won't have to ask these questions, as Adam has found this seat much more intuitive than I. Maybe when he gets home from work he will be able to rescue me.

2 comments:

mep said...

You will figure out the carseat, no worries. My advice is to ENJOY the next couple of weeks before your son arrives. Sleep in. Enjoy the fact that you can take an hour to get ready if you choose to. Then, sleep some more. Also, every baby is different, but my bub was a super slow eater so I recommend stocking up on television shows on DVD to keep you company while you feed the baby (I admit that at first I thought I would not watch tv while I was feeding the baby, but I soon realized that there is plenty of other time to bond!)

Margaret said...

Oh man.. i agree! Mags..relax, enjoy time with yourself, doing whatever pops into your mind whenever you want! Plus, remember..you're 9 months pregnant, leave the chores to the hubby :), get a pedicure.. watch some good movies, eat some ice cream, listen to the sounds of silence that will soon be a distant memory!

BTW, you look AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see some pics of that little guy when he makes his debut!

xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails