It seems word has traveled round that baby Aiden (aka 'Slater' if you're Uncle Ben, thanks to Mario Lopez' riveting character on Saved By the Bell) has arrived. We got home yesterday, and I must say, this has been the most amazing week of my life thus far. I don't have the time or energy to go into the details at the moment, but I will share a few of the moments of the last week.
'Go home.' These are the words of the nurse on Monday evening at 6:00pm. I had been having contractions all day, but nothing has progressed otherwise. Assuming it was false labor, I was given a muscle relaxer and sent away.
'We have a keeper.' Same room 10 hours labor. I had been having serious contractions (labor breathing techniques required) for about 4 hours. The muscle relaxer had done nothing and I had been having increasingly close contractions since we had left the hospital for the first time. I was already exhausted and not slept since Sunday evening.
He's here! 2:19pm, Aiden was born head up (aka Sunny Side Up according to nurse Hollie) with the umbilical cord wrapped 3 times around his body. Ouch to mom and baby.
We're home! About 11:00am Thursday we got home with our new addition. Everything seems great and already the pains of labor feel like a distant memory. Since then, I am tired, but life is good, really good.
For your enjoyment, a little video from earlier today when little A (my name I call him in my head, but don't write because it reminds me of Adam Chandler from All My Children) was in the crib asleep for the first time...
Cheers,
Maggie

9 comments:
Isn't being a parent the best thing you have ever done?! What an adorable little man! I love the video and all the baby noises! Wish we could all see him in person, but until then, thanks for the updates.
We miss you all!
Abby
He is soo little, and soo cute!
so happy for you, boo
why for 9 months are ben and i healthy and then the week he is born we both end up on anti-biotics !!! i miss the little guy... give him hugs and kisses and tell him we will see him soon !!!
Oh my goodness! He is so beautiful and cute! Thanks for the updates mama! Congrats love!
Colleen
Maggie and Adam,
Congratulations! He is soooo cute! I can't believe how beautiful he is! Have a blast being new parents!
love,
megan
What a beautiful baby! I love opening your blog and seeing pictures of him! Keep them coming :-)
Love,
Kristy
I also want more pics of the cutest little boy!!
:-) Tina
Post a Comment