Sunday, February 28, 2010

Help Tame My Wild Thing

I was going to blog about our recent bath situation that is little A's anger and tears about bathing alone this week, but I am going to pass with high hopes that it ends soon. He has always LOVED bath time, and there was no noticeable catalyst to this uncharactaristic reaction. I hope to spare my readers the mental picture, but one parent has to get into the bath with the little man for a complete bath to take place. (oops, probably just gave you a nightmare!)

Anyway, I was sitting reading "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak tonight and cannot believe how closely Aiden looks at the illustrations while we read. He is completely enthralled by this book. Before "WTWTA", his other favorites were "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein, anything illustrated by Eric Carle and "Goodnight Moon" by Margaret Wise Brown. Aiden has no shortage of books, but very few of his other books can compare to these classics.

I'd love to add to his collection of books with some other classics, old or new. Adam and I treasure the moments we share reading with our little wild thing - it seems to be the only time he will cuddle and sit still with us! Can you recommend anything?

I wanted to include a book/reading picture - this is the most recent one I could find from October 2009 - four months ago and A looks nothing like this anymore!!! I am mourning the baby I used to have often lately :( and loving my little wild thing/boy.

2 comments:

Ben and Michele said...

oh my my we are laughing out loud!!! good thing aunt shelly and uncle ben aren't around to babysit like before or you may come home to some awkward tub time haha

mep said...

Bub had a brief period of hating baths, but then all of sudden, got over it. I hope the same happens for your little guy. Maybe a trip to Target to buy bath crayons or special bath toys might motivate him to get back in on his own.

I think I posted about children's books last March . . . there are tons of great title suggestions in the comments for that post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails