Here I am 6 weeks into the new year, and in the first year in a LONG time where I actually recorded a few resolutions other than my typical "lose (enter appropriate number) pounds."
My progress is as follows:
1. Consume less. I am on my fourth week of planning a week of meals, going to the grocery store with a complete list for the week, sticking to the list (for the most part), and then using (most) of the items purchased. I am thrilled with how this effort has improved my organization, and I think it has made us less wasteful. A sidebar note to those trying to save money - move to a place where Super Target is 15 minutes away, not 1 mile away. Daily trips to Target, while enjoyable in the short term, are not good for our budget or waistline! Also, about 75% of the time I've used my own bags, which is satisfactory. (I need a small stock of throw away plastics for little A's stinky poos.)
2. Eat well. Due to my efforts with resolution number 1, and my lost cookbooks, this has been a success. New favorites - Manicotti with spinach from the back of the Barilla box, Kids Favorite Pork Chops.
3. Relax and enjoy life. Failing on this one. House hunting has put me in a tizzy, and might require medication. In the moments that I come to terms with our in-between homes lifestyle though, we have been having a great time.
4. Phone stuff. This one is going well, mostly because I'm so anxious about my realtor calling all the time. I answer the phone and keep it close by always!
All in all, I feel optimistic for 2010. I attribute much of my resolution efforts to the fact that I had to change my life drastically with our move. It was easy to make changes when I had to start from scratch in our new city and new life here in South Florida!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment