Sunday, January 03, 2010

2010 Resolutions

I haven't thought much about resoloutions, because I rarely stick to them. This year, I'm cautiously optomistic about some changes I'm trying to make in my life, and therefore will share some of my hopes for the new year.

1. Consume less. I have always cared about the environment, and money, so it makes so much sense to work towards spending less time at the grocery, and making a bigger effort to eat/use the items I purchase prior to the expiration date. Part of this resolution includes stopping buying items just because they are a good deal. Its not a good deal if I don't need it!!! Another facet of this resolution - use my reusable grocery bags more consistently.

2. Eat well. This resolution has two parts. Part 1: Eat more foods from the produce section of the grocery store, and less from the packaged food sections. Part 2: Try some new dishes using more food from the produce section. My current favorite cookbook for new dishes: Martha Stewarts' Good Food Fast.

3. Relax and enjoy life! I relax plenty on a daily basis, especially on this laptop. This type of relaxing is nice but probably should take up a little less of my time. What I really hope to do in the new year is stop worrying about so many things in my life that I do not control. I spend way too much negative energy on worrying about things that may or may not happen - I want to just LIVE, and enjoy my life that is so full of blessings.

4. Answer the phone, listen to voicemails, and return texts/phone calls on a timely basis. Ever since I started using a cell phone in college (back in the stone age), I have had reservations about being available to everyone all of the time. I can't stand it when people talk on the phone or text while in the grocery line or while eating at the table. But can I listen to my voicemails more often, yes. And should I respond to email, text, and voicemail promptly, of course!

Can't wait to see how 2010 shapes up.
Cheers!

1 comment:

Ermasmit said...

I agree about phones at the table...but other than that I am guilty of always using my phone, everywhere.

Also, good luck with #3. I wouldn't say I worry, but I feed off of anxiety, not sure what I would do without it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails