Saturday, January 02, 2010

Dire (Dryer) Straights

To add a new element to the move, our clothes dryer stopped working yesterday! I think the heating element needs replaced, as it spins the clothes but does not heat. Normally, a broken dryer in Central Florida would not be a problem, as the heat and sun would do the trick in minimal time. Unfortunately, the weather was rainy and in the 60's yesterday, and in the 50's today! This is about as cold as it gets down here, and does not aid in clothes drying. Luckily, I have some great friends that have invited me over to do some of the dirty work.

For the short term, I really needed to wash Aiden's lovey blanket and puppy. These are Aiden's snuggly lovies, which are always in his crib, and made the trip to Michigan and back last week. They haven't had a wash since before we left for the trip, which is way to long, especially when they were up against airplane seats, and falling on the ground at the airport.

I set out to wash and dry puppy and lovey blanket immediately after Aiden woke from his nap today, around 2:30pm. At 7:30 tonight, I realized that puppy and lovey would not be dry by bedtime. I dried lovey with the hair dryer, and the pictures below show how puppy dried next to a space heater on the kitchen counter. Just another mommy moment when I think 'never before I had kids would I have dreamed about doing this!'




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails