And I imagined this move would be hard. I miss my friends, my son's friends, and the familiarity of our old home. I was fearful of the schedule change for Aiden, and moving to an apartment. The boxes in the garage, the boxes in the closets, the items from our laundry room (iron, dryer sheets, assorted cleaning products) that I cannot find and have to replace one by one has added moving expenses. These are all inconvenient, and I regret being far away from the people with whom I have worked hard to build friendships.
I can't duplicate my old life and relationships, but I am feeling confident that what we have in store is going to be great. And we have so much time to enjoy it!
Below is a picture of the little man swinging at his new favorite park. If smiles are a measure of happiness, I think he's adjusting to this new place just fine ;)
And just one more cutie...

3 comments:
Oh, so glad to hear all seems to be working out for you guys! (A looks so grown up in the top picture.)
So happy your days are easier and my favorite nephew gets to see his daddy everyday! Miss you guys!
Abby
Maggie - good to hear you have settled in well. From the pictures I've seen it looks very nice but of course you miss your old "hood" as well.
Wish I could come and hang out with you guys - miss you!
Post a Comment